Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It's Time for Tables


We had our first test tonight. I thought it was a very fair assessment of the material we had covered. I know I got some things wrong, I hope not too many.

Tonight we worked with tables. It was a lot of fun. Well, not really. It took me back to database classes I had in the past, and was a good refresher on db concepts and how ArcGIS uses tables. The exercises got intense with linking and relating tables, and talk of cardinality. I remember those relationships in MS Access and how they could get pretty messed up. Good thing relationships in real life don't get messed up like that. But then, in computer databases you can usually click yourself around and straighten things out. I made this map, which didn't export very nicely, about how many federal elected officials each state has. Later we did some more advanced data manipulation in the tables that was impressive, but yielded no spatial data output vectors to sho on here.

No comments: